There are topics arising around most forums i visit about website owners who laments of getting banned from Google Adsense’s program. Most say without any valid reason, Google banned their account – Make sense?
This surely prompted me to write this article which might just make some sense on why Google will ban an Adsense account. Of course there are reasons! some known to many and some never knew of it at all. Below are some of the reasons (never knew) why Google will ban an Adsense account.
1. Encouraging users to click the Google ads by using phrases such as ‘click the ads’, ‘support us’, ‘visit these links’ or any similar jargon.
2. Directing users attention to the ads via arrows or any graphical gimmicks.
3. Placing misleading labels above the Google ad units. For instance, ads may be labeled as ‘Sponsored Links’ but not ‘Favorite Sites’.
4. Sites displaying Google ads that contain ‘pop-ups’ or ‘pop-unders’ which interfere’s with the site’s navigation.
5. Driving traffic via online advertising to pages that displays Google ads are deceptive to users.
6. Placing Google ads on pop-ups, pop-unders or in an email.
7. Elements on a page that obscure any portion of the Google ads.
8. Google ads placed on pages that are published specifically for showing ads whether or not the page content is relevant.
On your lucky day Google might give you a second chance should you get banned but if they dont, it’s not the end of the road. There are abundant of Adsense Alternatives and two of my favorites are Bidvertiser and Adbrite.