- It is the most popular cryptocurrency and widely adopted currency.
- It was created in 2009 by an unknown person or a group called Satoshi Nakamoto.
- It was supposed to be the cash of the future, but also you use it today to purchase goods and services.
- The most important part of bitcoin is that there will be no more bitcoins can be created, which makes it very special.
- It can be stored as gold to keep it for the long term which makes its value to be increased.
- Bitcoin Market Cap is around $821 billion as of today.
- Ethereum is the leader is known as the “smart contract” platform.
- It was founded by Vitalik Buterin in 2015 with bigger and broader ambition.
- The blockchain it runs is programmable in a decentralized way, this opens up many possible use cases from technology and finance to gaming and collectibles.
- Its Market Cap is around$353 billion as of today.
- Tether is the unique cryptocurrency in our top currency.
- It was launched in the year 2015 and it runs on the Ethereum platform.
- They are also known as “stable coins” because they are pegged to a traditional currency, in this case, the US dollar.
- For investors, it offers in two ways i.e to open blockchain technology and traditional currency.
- Its Market Cap is around $62.3 billion as of today.
4) Binance Coin
- It was launched in 2017 by Binance cryptocurrency exchange, it is the world’s largest crypto exchange platform in terms of volume.
- It is used to pay the transaction fee on the Binance exchange to trade on the other cryptocurrencies and to pay for some goods and services.
- Its Market Cap is around $50.6 billion as of today.
- Cardano was founded in 2017.
- It’s another Ethereum-like contender for the top cryptocurrency crown.
- It is a blockchain platform that helps the application, system and real-life business use cases.
- It is unique because it is the first blockchain platform to evolve out of scientific philosophy and research is the first driven approach.
- Its Market Cap is around $45.4 billion as of today.
- XRP has the fame that it is the fastest digital asset, allowing real-time global payments anywhere in the world.
- XRP was launched in 2012 by a trio of developers.
- The easiest way to buy an XRP is on coinbase, binance or kraken.
- It is unique because it is, essentially, a for-profit platform.
- Its Market Cap is around $30.8 billion.
- It is a fun and friendly currency.
- It was launched in 2013 by software developers Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer.
- Dogecoin is basically a bitcoin clone with a cute dog meme for a mascot.
- This coin has no real use, but it developed a growing fanbase for it and boosted its value to $0.40 today, making one of the top crypto performer.
- Its Market Cat is around $30.4 billion.
- USD coin is also called a stable coin like Tether because it’s linked with the US dollar.
- And indeed USD coin is unaffected by the recent termoil in the market.
- USD is also transparent, assuring its investors that they will be able to withdraw 1 USDC and receive $1 in return.
- Its current value is $1.
- Its Market Cap is $25.7 billion.
- The main goal of the Polkadot is to “enable a complete web were the user in control.
- It was launched in 2020, Polkadot is a flagship project of the swiss web3 foundation.
- Polkadot stitches different blockchains for enabling the transaction and exchange of information.
- Its current value is $16.68.
- Its Market Cap is $15.9 billion.
- It is a decentralized crypto exchange that runs on the Ethereum platform, the transaction fee must be paid in ETH.
- Uniswap helps in swap all different types of tokens but does not connect to the traditional financial network.
- Uniswap has another different feature i.e if own its token, then you have right to vote on the direction of the project development.
- It was launched in 2018.
- Its current value is $22.78.
- Its Market Cap is $13.3billion.