What is the difference between functional and nonfunctional Testing?
If the system does not meet a defined functional requirement it will fail. This is because it will not be able to achieve something it must do to operate properly. The functional requirement concept can also be understood through reviewing the system in terms of inputs and outputs. Functional requirements specify what the system must do in response to different inputs and what it must output.
System Testing is classified into
1. Functional System Testing
2. Non-Functional System Testing
Functional Testing: We follow a hard and fast process; every method we comply with is referred to as Functional Testing/Type/Method/Approaches.
types of Functional testing are:
Priority Based Testing
End to End Testing
Bench Mark Testing
1. Smoke Testing: It is a kind of hard/short take a look at carried out at the given app to ensure whether or not it’s miles testable or no longer.
2. Formal Testing: If we test a software app by means of following right testing process and right documentation. Writing check case and executing check case (Suggested for large task)
3. Adhoc Testing: If you check a software utility with out following right testing approaches & documentation (Suggested for small initiatives)
4. Priority Based testing: It is a manner of figuring out important functionalities within the utility as a high priority, checking out the first final later.
5. Re-testing If we take a look at capability again & once more i.E. Repetitively then it’s far known as as Re-trying out.
6. Regression Testing: It is a process of identifying diverse functionalities inside the modified build, were chances of getting side outcomes then Re-trying out these functionalities.
7. End to End Testing: It is a system of checking the average functionalities of the gadget.
8. BenchMark Testing: Comparing our product with properly established products in the market.
9. Exploratory Testing: Exploring the app, understanding the app then testing.
10. Monkey Testing: Performing choppy operation or Zigzag operations with an intention of creating the system fail.
Non Functional Testing
1. UI Testing (Look & sense): Checking all person interfaces professionally designed or now not.
2. Usability Testing (User friendly): It is a method of checking how without problems give up users are capable of apprehend the app & operating the app.
3. Security Testing: It is a manner of checking all required protection situations nicely carried out or not.
4. Performance Testing: It is a system of measuring diverse performance characteristics of a system together with response time, load, strain, transaction consistent with minute & transaction combination together known as as Performance Testing.
5. Load Testing: Validating useful conduct & overall performance conduct below various load conditions.
6. Stress Testing: Validating how does the device behaving beneath strain situations.
7. Compatibility Testing: Checking does the app properly visible & properly operating in various hardware & software environments or no longer. It includes device compatibility testing, OS compatibility checking out & browser compatibility trying out.
User Acceptance Testing: Testing is carried out at the added app through the client to build the self-belief whether the app is prepared for the existing production or no longer.
This testing is finished in 2 stages:
• Alpha Testing
• Beta Testing
Alpha Testing: It is 1st degree of acceptance testing done at corporation premises.
Beta Testing: It is closing level of reputation checking out-executed at purchaser premises.
Defect Reporting: Documented the diagnosed defects then spoke the same to the development crew.
Defect Tracking: Retrieving the specified facts from the database, those may be tracked primarily based at the illness reputation.
Defect Severity: How severe the defect is (Very High, High, medium, low)
Defect Priority: The order in which a disorder is to be resolved (p0, p1, p2, p3)
Defect Status: It indicates modern-day repute of the defect
Grey Box Testing: It is a combination of White container & Black Box Testing